Understanding Mental Illnesses 3: Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia effects one in every hundred people. This disorder is a disturbance of the brain's functioning that significantly effect the way that people think, perceive the world, feel and relate to others. As this disorder is complex and often misunderstood, this activity helps you to understand the broad range of causes, symptoms and treatments of schizophrenia through research and a crossword.
1. Check out the following resources:Schizophrenia Manual produced by the Schizophrenia Society of Canada.
3. Use what you've learned to complete Mind Your Mind's Psychosis Crossword. Refer back to the resources in task one if you get stuck.
- Understand the causes of schizophrenia
- Learn about the symptoms of schizophrenia (positive, negative and cognitive)
- Explore treatment options for schizophrenia
- Decrease stigma surrounding schizophrenia
- Develop analytical and critical thinking abilities
Continue to Understanding Mental Illnesses 4: Eating Disorders »