This space is yours to develop and change as you see fit. The classroom is pre-populated with content and resources to guide your teaching. I encourage you to browse the classroom and keep what you like, delete what you don't and add anything additional to really make the space your own. By default, the due dates for all assignments are set for one week from now but, like all of the content in the classroom, you can adapt the deadlines to suit your needs.
The virtual classroom platform has a variety of features that you can use to engage your students in learning about climate change. You can use this space to:
- Enable your students to continue connecting and learning beyond their time at school.
- Connect with other classes around the world that are utilizing Tread Lightly thematic content in a collaboration space to gain a global perspective by learning and working together.
- Help your students to develop their computer skills in a safe, teacher moderated environment.
- Invite guests to share their expertise about climate change and interrelated environmental issues.
- Share files, websites, photos, and videos related to your Tread Lightly work.
If you require assistance using TIGed, you can drop into one of the weekly office hours advertised on the TIGed support page in order to ask questions or get a site tour in real-time, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The support page also provides video tutorials and answers to frequently asked questions. All the features mentioned here are also elaborated in our TIGed user manual.
Once you are ready to add students to the classroom, copy or print this message to save the information provided here before deleting it and creating your own personal welcome message to your students. I hope that you enjoy using this space to help your students become environmental stewards – today, and into the future! And feel free to get in touch, I look forward to your questions and comments.
~ Deanna Del Vecchio, Tread Lightly Program Coordinator
Tread Lightly from TakingITGlobal on Vimeo.